Monday, November 30, 2015
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
There will be a Student Council meeting Friday, Dec. 4th at 7:45 AM in Mrs. Knorr's room.
Any THS student who is interested in playing in a Bean Bag Toss Tournament on Friday Dec. 4th after the girls basketball game should sign up in Mr. Gerstenberger's room. The first 16 two person teams will be allowed into the tournament. There will be two divisions, see Mr. G for more details.
Attention juniors and seniors, the Wisconsin State Senate is offering a residential program for any student interested in law or government. See Guidance for more details.
Attention Hatchet Fans!!!! The winter season is now upon us and we are looking for the next Hatchet Superfan at our winter sporting events. So come and fill the stands and show your Hatchet Pride and support our basketball, wrestling, swimming, and hockey teams. Be loud, be proud, and GO Hatchets!!!!!
Wednesday, Dec. 2nd, Wendy Mannering from the Salvation Army will be here to talk to students interested in signing up for bell ringing.
On Dec 1st at 2:30 all students who took the ASVAB test will report to the LMC to interpret their results. See Guidance with questions.
Announcing this year's musical - GODSPELL. Check out the bulletin board in the English hallway for information about characters and auditions. Hope to see you at auditions in December.
Attention all private music lessons students Once again this year the Elementary Holiday Program is inviting all students who take private instrumental lessons to play as part of a prelude for the elementary Christmas and Holiday Programs. If you take piano, violin, or guitar lessons and are interested please pick up a Prelude Application in the office ASAP, fill it out, and turn it in to Mrs. Anderson in the elementary music room. The Holidays are quickly approaching and the approval process starts now so do not delay.
“Hey Hatchets, have you seen the HATCHET PRIDE PUMP!? The Hatchet Booster Club and Tomahawk BP are teaming up. The Tomahawk BP will donate $.02 per gallon of all gas sold at PUMP 8 to the Hatchet Booster Club. Help support THS athletics by using PUMP 8 at Tomahawk BP to fill up today at the HATCHET PRIDE PUMP. “
Open gym for volleyball on Tuesday nights at 6:30-8:30 in the HS gym during the month of November.
YA/STW students must have their schedules turned in to 1) the office, 2) Haiku, 3) your RH teacher, 4) 7th hour SH teacher today for this week or you will not be released.
Attention all athletes: Morning lifting is now open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. Lifting promptly starts at 6:15 and we will be done by 7:30.
HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE NEWS
These tests will be available in the THS. Students sign up in the THS Guidance with payment.
Link to: 2015 / 2016 High School Course Offerings Book See School Counseling webpage under Resources.
Link to: Post Secondary Planning Guide 2014 / 2015 See School Counseling webpage under Resources.
Seniors wanting information on College Goal Wisconsin, 2016, Please stop into guidance. Useful information on scholarships and FASA.
Scholarships: Stop in to Guidance for more information
- National FFA Organization, Congratulations to the 2015 Grow AG Leaders Scholars! This year's scholarship recipients have been announced. Check the winners page to see who received the scholarship in your area. More scholarships will be available in 2016. Starting this November, students can apply online at FFA.org/scholarships. The National FFA Organization administers the program, but you do not have to be an FFA member to apply. Stop in Guidance for more information.
- Wisconsin Public Service has scholarships available for College Scholarships, Agribusiness/Forestry Scholarships and Wisconsin Technical School Scholarships. Visit their website at www.wisconsinpublicservice.com, for more details, or call 800-450-7260.
- 2016 Questbridge, http://www.questbridge.org/for-students/students-start-here.
- The Elks National Foundation Scholarship, Deadline: December 4th, Online application: http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm
- UW-Platteville Music Admission and Scholarship Auditions, Deadline: Feb. 12 2016. (Tri-State Honors Band), Feb 10th, March 5th, 2016. http://www.uwplatt.edu/music/admissions-and-scholarhsip-audition-application
- 2016 GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program, Engineers Foundation, Deadline: Dec. 21st, 2015. http://www.wspe.org/efwi.shtml
- UW Stevens Point Trytten Scholarship, Deadline: Jan. 31st, 2016. See THS Guidance for application or go to www.uwsp.edu/chemistry/Pages/scholarships.aspx
- Wisconsin Chapter Scholarship, See THS Guidance for application or go to http://www.wtsinternational.org/wisconsin/scholarships/
- MARIAN UNIVERSITY, See THS Guidance for application or go to http://www.marianuniversity.edu/Admission-and-Financial-Aid/Undergraduate/
- American Legion Department of WI Oratorical Scholarship Contest, See THS Guidance for an application or go to www.legion.org/oratorical/resources Deadline: Feb. 13, 2016
- Americanism Programs and Scholarships: See Guidance for more information.
- Americanism Programs and Scholarship Contest: www.wilegion.org Dates: April 4-April 15, 2016
- Schneider-Emanuel Scholarship: www.wilegion.org Deadline: March 1, 2016
- Scouting: www.legion.org Deadline: March 1, 2016
- Badger Boys State: www.badgerboysstate.org Deadline: June 11, 2016-June 18, 2016
- JR. Shooting Sports Postal Match ends: March 1st
- Samsung Scholarships deadline: July 8th, 2016
- Baseball Scholarship application deadline: July 15, 2016
- SFM Foundation-deadline March 31
- Alverno College:Roosevelt scholarship and Presidential Scholarship-deadline January 22
- Student Scholarships-varies
- Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance-deadline February 15th
- WI Professional Police Association-deadline February 1st
- Senate Scholar Program-deadline January 3rd
Students can also go to: http://www.tomahawk.k12.wi.us/schools/high/thsschoolcounseling.cfm
College Rep. Visits: Juniors/Seniors to sign up in Guidance
Nicolet Technical College Rep visits to THS, Wed at 10:30 AM: Dec. 16, Jan. 20, Feb. 10, March 16, April 20 and May 18.