Friday, April 29, 2016
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Sophomores and Juniors: Harley Davidson is looking for a Human Resources Assistant to start in August in work throughout the school year in a youth apprenticeship. If you are a sophomore or a junior, please pick up an application from Mrs. Dachel today!
Youth Apprenticeship Students. This is reminder to turn in your end of month time sheets and your final project. Employer checks have been completed and several have indicated they have not received your invitation for the appreciation breakfast on May 11th. This is required.
Congratulations to Chamber Choir for their performance yesterday at NPHS in Eagle River. They earned a unanimous “First” rating from the panel of three judges. This is the second year in a row now that Chamber Choir has brought home the gold!
Basketball Offensive Skills Camp will run Mondays and Wednesdays 7-8am from June 13 – July 20. Camp is free, but you must attend agility camp to participate. To sign up see Coach Baalke.
National Honor Society Students- please pick up you end of the year fieldtrip permission slips in Mrs. Johnson’s room before the end of the week.
The golf team finished in third place at the first leg of the GNC golf tournament at Inshalla on Tuesday. Mike Lodholz and Andrew Cook both earned all conference points with their top 10 individual performances. Mike finished the meet in 3rd place with and 81 while Andrew finished in 9th with an 89.
Seniors who have not signed up for your t-shirt yet, please stop in at the high school office today.
Caps, gowns and tassels not picked up last week when Josten's was here are in Guidance. If a balance is due, you must bring your payment to pick up your order.
Spring on down to the Hatchet Hut for the limited spring time offer of Cloud Coffee. This includes whatever toppings you choose on your coffee without paying extra. It's only lasting for 2 weeks so get it while it's hot. You can also make a pick from the spring time egg bucket if you make a purchase over $2.00 and win dfferent prizes. Don't forget about your $5.00 mugs and included punch cards that can also be purchased from the school store.
Reminder to students with parking permits, 2nd semester permits are due on your vehicles Jan. 22nd.
“Hey Hatchets, have you seen the HATCHET PRIDE PUMP!? The Hatchet Booster Club and Tomahawk BP are teaming up. The Tomahawk BP will donate $.02 per gallon of all gas sold at PUMP 8 to the Hatchet Booster Club. Help support THS athletics by using PUMP 8 at Tomahawk BP to fill up today at the HATCHET PRIDE PUMP. “
YA/STW students must have their schedules turned in to 1) the office, 2) Haiku, 3) your RH teacher, 4) 7th hour SH teacher today for this week or you will not be released.
Attention all athletes: Morning lifting is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. Lifting promptly starts at 6:15 and we will be done by 7:30.
NO SCHOOL, STAFF IN-SERVICE - May 6th, 2016
LIBRARY MATERIALS - due May 27th.
CHROMEBOOK COLLECTION - Sr's June 1st during RH, rest of students June 2nd during RH.
GRADUATION - Sunday, June 5th, 2016 1:00 PM Fieldhouse
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - June 7th, 2016
HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE NEWS
Link to: 2015 / 2016 High School Course Offerings Book. See School Counseling webpage under Resources.
Link to: Post Secondary Planning Guide 2014 / 2015 See School Counseling webpage under Resources.
Students can go to: http://www.tomahawk.k12.wi.us/schools/high/thsschoolcounseling.cfm
Seniors wanting information on College Goal Wisconsin, 2016, Please stop into guidance. Useful information on scholarships and FASA.
State College of Beauty Culture Cosmetology College Camp: Any current high school student with an interest in the cosmetology industry should attend! The camp is for Grades 9-12, July 25-29, 2016 form 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The cost of the camp is $50.00, stop in Guidance for more information.
Northcentral Technical College is hosting a program Friday, April 29th, to give students the opportunity to experience emergency and non-emergency training scenerios and simulations. The program-area activities include two sessions: Medical Services and Criminal Justice. Stop in Guidance for more information.
Scholarships for Seniors
Go to: Tomahawk High School Web Site http://www.tomahawk.k12.wi.us/
Go to: THS “School Counseling tab” and then “Scholarships” tab.
Scholarships: Stop in to Guidance for more information
- National FFA Organization, Starting this November, students can apply online at FFA.org/scholarships. The National FFA Organization administers the program, but you do not have to be an FFA member to apply. Stop in Guidance for more information.
- Wisconsin Public Service has scholarships available for College Scholarships, Agribusiness/Forestry Scholarships and Wisconsin Technical School Scholarships. Visit their website at www.wisconsinpublicservice.com, for more details, or call 800-450-7260.
- 2016 Questbridge, http://www.questbridge.org/for-students/students-start-here.
- Wisconsin Chapter Scholarship, See THS Guidance for application or go to http://www.wtsinternational.org/wisconsin/scholarships/
- MARIAN UNIVERSITY, See THS Guidance for application or go to http://www.marianuniversity.edu/Admission-and-Financial-Aid/Undergraduate/
- Badger Boys State: www.badgerboysstate.org Deadline: June 11, 2016-June 18, 2016
- Samsung Scholarships deadline: July 8th, 2016
- Baseball Scholarship application deadline: July 15, 2016
- Student Scholarships-varies
- Ag Leaders-American Farmers
- Eye Clinic of Wisconsin has a scholarship available. See Guidance for more information.
- Manito Art League 2016 Scholarship - Applicants must be a graduating high school senior, a college student, or an adult 18 years or older interested in any of the fine arts. Scholarships range between $500.00-$2000.00. Application deadline: must be postmarked by June 1, 2016.
- Nursing Schools Almanac has an Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. For high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing. Applications: Go to www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com or see the guidance department for an information sheet. Deadline: 6-30-16
- Manito Art League Scholarship: www.manitoartleague.weebly.com or see THS guidance for an application. Criteria: A graduation high school senior, a college student or an adult 18 yrs. or older interested in any of the fine arts. Deadline: Postmarked by, June 1st, 2016.
- 2016 Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship: To apply onlyine, visit application.horatioalger.org. Applicants must be graduated high school by Spring 2016 and younger than 30 years old. Deadline: June 1st, 2016.
- Northwoods Community Credit Union Military Scholarship. Hard copy application in the Guidance department. Must have a commitment to enter a branch of the US Military & Membership to NCCU. Deadline: May 1st, 2016
- AED Superstore Scholarship: AED Superstore is offering its first bi-annual scholarship of $1000.00 to eligible students. To be eligible students must by a legal resident of the U.S. They must be either a college-bound high school senior or a student currently enrolled in an accredited university.
- B. Davis Scholarship: $1000.00 scholarship, deadline is May 23rd.
College Rep. Visits: Juniors/Seniors to sign up in Guidance
Nicolet Technical College Rep visits, Wed at 10:00 AM: May 18.