Thursday, February 16, 2017
Conferences: Thursday, Feb. 16th 5:00 - 8:00 PM
Friday, Feb. 17th 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NO SCHOOL Friday, Feb. 17th
NO SCHOOL Monday, Feb. 20th - President's Day
Pledge of Allegiance
High School students! Come to the library on Tuesday February 21 for a special ONE DAY HS Book Fair! Staff you are invited to!
Attention Juniors, if you are interested in joining the Prom committee, sign up on the FBLA bulletin board across from the cafeteria. If you are interested, there will be a meeting today during RH in the Literacy room between Mrs. Duncan and Mrs. Woodall's room.
Thank you to everyone who came out to support the Girls Hockey t-shirt night on Friday. Thanks to the generosity we raised over $700.00 for the Never Forgotten Honor Flight. Varsity Club thanks you for your support of these t-shirt nights all year long!
Tomahawk Co-Ed Track: sign-ups and pre-season information are in the HS Office now through Feb. 22nd.
This Thursday, Midwest Presents will have the Anda Union performance for the HS from 10:30-11:30 in the auditorium.
The University of Wisconsin-Marathon County (UWMC) is now recruiting community members, high school-age and older, who work well under pressure and won’t be shy about sharing their creative talents with the public as part of its 24-Hour Arts Challenge, Feb. 17 - 18. Participants will have the opportunity to take part in four categories: visual arts, theatre, creative writing and choir. The 24-Hour Arts Challenge will start on Friday, Feb. 17, at 3 pm, when creative writing, visual art, and theatre contestants will receive their challenge instructions and materials. Choir participants will meet at 1 pm on Saturday the 18th to learn a piece of music that was composed in the previous 24 hours. A showcase event starting at 6:30 pm on the 18th will feature all of the newly-created art, music, theatre, and writing. There is no fee to participate. See Mr. Colburn or the high school office for registration information.
Any senior who has enlisted in the military, see Mr. Reiter before Friday, 2/17 about a scholarship opportunity.
Youth Apprenticeship students turn in your fieldtrip forms for State YA in Madison to Mrs. Dachel's office mailbox.
Order your Jostens yearbook on-line.
Taher Presents Chef Chris featuring Peruvian Cuisine Thurs, Feb. 16th during lunch. Authentic Peruvian Gula Gula Ensalada.
Seniors can now request your updated semester transcripts for your scholarships from parchment. See guidance for questions. Local scholarships are due Feb. 22nd 3:30 PM. Please make sure your scholarship transcripts is the updated version with 7 semesters. You may need to reorder a new one. The 6 semester transcripts will not be accepted. Questions, please see Mrs. Zernach or Mrs. Herbison. The 6 semester transcripts will not be accepted. Any questions contact Mrs. Herbison or Mrs. Zernach.
Students, remember 2nd semester parking permits are due on your vehicle Jan. 23rd.
Open gym for baseball/softball Tuesday/Thursdays mornings, 6:30 am in the HS gym/Multi-Purpose room.
Study Buddies is from 3:45-5:00 Monday thru Thursday in the multi media lab Rm 235. Students do not need to sign up ahead of time to attend.
Morning lifting is at 6:15 sharp for anyone interested in working out in the mornings.
“Hey Hatchets, have you seen the HATCHET PRIDE PUMP!? The Hatchet Booster Club and Tomahawk BP are teaming up. The Tomahawk BP will donate $.02 per gallon of all gas sold at PUMP 8 to the Hatchet Booster Club. Help support THS athletics by using PUMP 8 at Tomahawk BP to fill up today at the HATCHET PRIDE PUMP. “
HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE NEWS
Link to: 2015 / 2016 High School Course Offerings Book. See School Counseling webpage under Resources.
Link to: Post Secondary Planning Guide 2014 / 2015 See School Counseling webpage under Resources.
Students can go to: http://www.tomahawk.k12.wi.us/schools/high/thsschoolcounseling.cfm
Seniors wanting information on College Goal Wisconsin, 2016, Please stop into guidance. Useful information on scholarships and FASA.
Testing (sign up in Guidance)
JUNIORS - ACT Exam: February 28th, time TBA (Mandatory test)
JUNIORS - Work Keys: March 1st, time TBA (Mandatory test)
Scholarships for Seniors
Seniors can now request your updated semester transcripts for your scholarships from parchment. See guidance for questions. Seniors can now request your updated semester transcripts for your scholarships from parchment. See guidance for questions.
Local scholarships are due Feb. 22nd 3:30 PM.
Please make sure your scholarship transcripts is the updated version with 7 semesters. You may need to reorder a new one. The 6 semester transcripts will not be accepted. Questions, please see Mrs. Zernach or Mrs. Herbison.
Seniors - scholarship work days will be Feb. 14,15 and 16 in the HS LMC during RH. Sign-up in Guidance.
Go to: Tomahawk High School Web Site http://www.tomahawk.k12.wi.us/
Go to: THS “School Counseling tab” and then “Scholarships” tab.
Out of District Scholarships, go to Tomahawk High School tab, then select THS School Counseling.
Attention seniors: Nicolet Promise ensures that qualified students can afford to attend college without the use of student loans. Please stop by the guidance department for more information.
Scholarships: Stop in to Guidance for more information
- Manito Art Scholarship. Deadline: May 15, 2017. http://www.animationcareerreview.com/
- WPS-Technical Scholarships. Deadline April 15, 2017. Online application at http://www.wisconsinpublicservice.com
- UW Stevens Point, Department of Chemistry Trytten Scholarship: Deadline January 31, 2017. Application in Guidance.
- St. Scholastica College: see Guidance for more information.
- United FCS scholarship: Parent must be a customer of United FCS.
- WEAC Region 2: Parent or Guardian must be an active member of WEAC Region 2.
- Wisconsin Professional Police Association: Accepted in any Wisconsin school majoring in police science, criminal justice or law enforcement.
- Cloverbelt Credit Union: Deadline: April 3rd, 2017. Applicants or their family must be a CCU member, see Guidance and hard copy application.
- Nicolet College Foundation Scholarships - see Guidance
- SFM Foundation - see Guidance
- Mid-State Technical College Foundation and Alumni: Deadline March 7th - see Guidance
- Thomas H. Lutsey Waseda Farms Scholarship: Deadline April 1st. For students pursuing an agriculture field.
- Nicolet College Foundation Scholarships for Fall 2017 and Spirng 2018 are available starting Jan. 23rd. Apply on-line: nicoletcollege.academicworks.com
- Wisconsin Towns Association 2017 Scholarship Program: Deadline May 29, 2017. See guidance.
- Church Mutual/Northcentral Technical College: Deadline April 14th. Students interested in Information Technology.
- Wisconsin Cattlemen's Association Scholarship: Deadline March 6th.
- Ab Nicholas Scholarship Foundation: Deadline April 30. For students who have managed or participated in basketball their senior year.
College Rep. Visits: Juniors/Seniors to sign up in Guidance
Nicolet College: Wed's at 10:00 AM: March 15th, April 12th and May 17th
UW Green Bay: Wed, 2/22 at 2:00 PM.
Registration for the Third Annual UWMC Research and Discovery Symposium April 26, 2017, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Terrace Room (Room 100) at University of Wisconsin – Marathon County. For UWMC Students and High School Students. Registration Deadline: Monday, April 3, 2017 at 5 p.m. See Guidance for more information.