Tuesday, May 24, 2016
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
NHS members- there will be a mandatory meeting Wednesday morning in Mrs. Johnson’s Rm at 7:45 AM to discuss the fundraiser.
Tomahawk Track & Field traveled to Colby last night for Regionals. The boys placed 7th and the girls finished 8th. Lakeland came away with Regional Championships for both squads. The top four athletes and relays in each event advanced to Thursday’s Sectional meet at Medford. Winning Regional championships for the Hatchets were junior Hannah Schade as she tossed the discus 94’11 to top the field in her specialty and senior Dani Whiting with her 12:28 clocking in the 3200 meter run. Dani also qualified for the Medford Sectional with her runner-up effort in the 1600 meter run in a time of 5:42 and she tied for 2nd in the pole vault with her 8’6’ effort. Finally, freshman Wyatt Wenninger will be the lone boy’s representative at Sectionals with his 4th place 24.47 clocking in the 200 meter dash. The top four place winners in each event on Thursday at Medford will earn the right to compete at UW-LaCrosse the following weekend at State. Thursday’s meet gets underway at 4:00 from Medford High School. Also, reminder that Awards Night is tomorrow in the HS Cafeteria starting at 5:30.
There will be a mandatory student council meeting on Thursday morning in Ms. Knorr's room at 7:30. Voting for officers and homecoming will be discussed. Any students who wish to share ideas for homecoming are encouraged to come.
Any girls interested in basketball next year need to attend a meeting on Thursday, May 26th at 7:50 am in Coach Galvan’s room to go over summer basketball information. Questions talk to coach Galvan.
Freshmen participating in the volleyball match Wednesday, May 25, remember we will be starting at 6:00 PM. Any students who volunteered to set up the nets and chairs remember to be at the fieldhouse by 5:30 PM. Anyone wishing to watch is welcome and any donations received will be given to Kinship.
Agility camp is being offered again this summer. This camp is designed to help student/athletes reach their athletic potential. Camp starts June 13th and meets every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday until July 28th. The times for agility camp are; Session 1 ~ 6:30-8am, Session 2 ~ 8-9:30am, Session 3 ~ 9:30-11am, and Session 4 ~ 3:30-5pm. Sign up is in the High School on the Contender Board next to the Drafting Lab or Room 238.
Seniors, if you do not have a cap/gown/tassel or you decided not to walk through the graduation ceremony, please see Mrs. Zernach in guidance.
Any student that received an invite to Academic Awards on Monday, but could not attend, please stop in Guidance and see Mrs. Zernach for your award.
Seniors , if you received a scholarship from your college you will be attending, bring a copy of the information and give it to Mrs. Zernach in Guidance.
Mrs. Zernach will automatically take care of sending your Final transcripts to the college you will be attending. You do not need to do parchment for this purpose.
The army recruiter will be here Tuesday, May 31st during the lunch hours.
Students who have artwork in the gallery please come and retrieve it before or after school. All artwork will be thrown or given away on June 1st.
Please join us for the Senior art show this Wednesday from 4-6 in the HS art gallery. We will be celebrating the artwork and accomplishments of Autumn Alvey, Megan Dirkx, Abrina Leonhard, and Susan Waye. Food and Drinks will be provided.
Track athletes, Awards Night is Wednesday Night in the HS Cafeteria starting at 5:30. Also, all gear should be returned laundered to Coach as soon as your season finishes.
Please join us for the Senior art show this Wednesday, May 25th from 4-6 in the HS art gallery. We will be celebrating the artwork and accomplishments of Autumn Alvey, Megan Dirkx, Abrina Leonhard, and Susan Waye. Food and Drinks will be provided.
Attention sophomores and juniors: If you are working this summer and would like to participate in the YA program, please report to Guidance during RH on Tuesday, May 24th. See Mr. Reiter or Mrs. Dachel if you have any questions.
Students are reminded you will not be allowed to go to your car during the school day. Make sure you have everything you need out of your car before the start of the day.
The Tomahawk Dance Team will be holding tryouts for next year's Team on Tuesday, May 24th, from 6:00 - 7:30 PM in the Fieldhouse. Sign-ups were due May 20th.
Basketball Offensive Skills Camp will run Mondays and Wednesdays 7-8am from June 13 – July 20. Camp is free, but you must attend agility camp to participate. To sign up see Coach Baalke.
“Hey Hatchets, have you seen the HATCHET PRIDE PUMP!? The Hatchet Booster Club and Tomahawk BP are teaming up. The Tomahawk BP will donate $.02 per gallon of all gas sold at PUMP 8 to the Hatchet Booster Club. Help support THS athletics by using PUMP 8 at Tomahawk BP to fill up today at the HATCHET PRIDE PUMP. “
YA/STW students must have their schedules turned in to 1) the office, 2) Haiku, 3) your RH teacher, 4) 7th hour SH teacher today for this week or you will not be released.
Attention all athletes: Morning lifting is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. Lifting promptly starts at 6:15 and we will be done by 7:30.
LIBRARY MATERIALS - due May 27th.
CHROMEBOOK COLLECTION - Sr's June 1st during RH, rest of students June 2nd during RH.
GRADUATION - Sunday, June 5th, 2016 1:00 PM Fieldhouse
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - June 7th, 2016
HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE NEWS
Link to: 2015 / 2016 High School Course Offerings Book. See School Counseling webpage under Resources.
Link to: Post Secondary Planning Guide 2014 / 2015 See School Counseling webpage under Resources.
Students can go to: http://www.tomahawk.k12.wi.us/schools/high/thsschoolcounseling.cfm
Seniors wanting information on College Goal Wisconsin, 2016, Please stop into guidance. Useful information on scholarships and FASA.
State College of Beauty Culture Cosmetology College Camp: Any current high school student with an interest in the cosmetology industry should attend! The camp is for Grades 9-12, July 25-29, 2016 form 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The cost of the camp is $50.00, stop in Guidance for more information.
Scholarships for Seniors
Go to: Tomahawk High School Web Site http://www.tomahawk.k12.wi.us/
Go to: THS “School Counseling tab” and then “Scholarships” tab.
Scholarships: Stop in to Guidance for more information
- National FFA Organization, Starting this November, students can apply online at FFA.org/scholarships. The National FFA Organization administers the program, but you do not have to be an FFA member to apply. Stop in Guidance for more information.
- Wisconsin Public Service has scholarships available for College Scholarships, Agribusiness/Forestry Scholarships and Wisconsin Technical School Scholarships. Visit their website at www.wisconsinpublicservice.com, for more details, or call 800-450-7260.
- 2016 Questbridge, http://www.questbridge.org/for-students/students-start-here.
- Wisconsin Chapter Scholarship, See THS Guidance for application or go to http://www.wtsinternational.org/wisconsin/scholarships/
- MARIAN UNIVERSITY, See THS Guidance for application or go to http://www.marianuniversity.edu/Admission-and-Financial-Aid/Undergraduate/
- Badger Boys State: www.badgerboysstate.org Deadline: June 11, 2016-June 18, 2016
- Samsung Scholarships deadline: July 8th, 2016
- American Legion Baseball Scholarship application deadline: July 15, 2016
- Student Scholarships-varies
- Ag Leaders-American Farmers
- Eye Clinic of Wisconsin has a scholarship available. See Guidance for more information.
- Manito Art League 2016 Scholarship - Applicants must be a graduating high school senior, a college student, or an adult 18 years or older interested in any of the fine arts. Scholarships range between $500.00-$2000.00. Application deadline: must be postmarked by June 1, 2016.
- Nursing Schools Almanac has an Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. For high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing. Applications: Go to www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com or see the guidance department for an information sheet. Deadline: 6-30-16
- 2016 Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship: To apply onlyine, visit application.horatioalger.org. Applicants must be graduated high school by Spring 2016 and younger than 30 years old. Deadline: June 1st, 2016.
- AED Superstore Scholarship: AED Superstore is offering its first bi-annual scholarship of $1000.00 to eligible students. To be eligible students must by a legal resident of the U.S. They must be either a college-bound high school senior or a student currently enrolled in an accredited university.
B. Davis Scholarship: $1000.00 scholarship, deadline is May 23rd.
2016 Wisconsin Towns Association Scholarship
Aspiring Fashion Professional Scholarship
Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship
College Rep. Visits: Juniors/Seniors to sign up in Guidance